15 Minute Breakfast Pizza
September 9, 2014
Are you ready for Recipe #2? This recipe is going to knock your jammies off. I've made it at least 68 times this past week, so it's near perfection and the best part is... It only takes 15 minutes to make! Say what?! Less than five minutes to put together, no oven preheating necessary, pop it in, and go get ready for the day. I guarantee you won't even notice it's also gluten-free and vegan. So let's get to it!
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Calories: 272 (without toppings)
- 1/4 c. (heaping) GF flour - I used oat flour
- 1/4 c. + 2 T nondairy milk -or- water
- 1 Tbs. ground chia seeds
- 1 Tbs. ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbs. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking truvia (equal portions stevia + white sugar)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 Tbs. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch ginger
- Your choice of toppings: coconut yogurt, agave, assorted berries, peaches, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Combine all dry ingredients. (flour, chia seeds, flax seeds, protein powder, truvia, baking powder, salt, spices.)
- Add wet ingredients (nondairy milk/water, applesauce) to dry ingredients and mix together with a fork. The consistency should be stickier than pancake mix, but not as dry as bread dough. If necessary, adjust with more flour or liquid.
- Dish out onto greased baking sheet. You will need to press the dough into a round shape with a utensil or your hands. I usually make it 1/4 inch thick, but feel free to make a *thin crust pizza.
- At this point, turn on the oven to 410 degrees.
- Immediately put your pizza crust in the unpreheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust starts to look golden on top.
- When time is up, top with your favorite goodies, cut into slices, and enjoy!
*For thin crust pizzas, adjust the bake time accordingly so it doesn't burn. It will only need about 8-10 minutes.