My sweet tooth is calling the shots lately, so this week we have another dessert. A quick and easy microwave cookie! This recipe is for those moments when you have neither the energy to make a batch of cookies, or the will power not to eat them all if you do make a full batch.
So in about 5 minutes, you can have a perfectly portioned, moist, and satisfying dark chocolate chip cookie for only 300 calories.
Plus, who wants to heat up the whole house in the middle of summer for one cookie? Microwave to the rescue!
This week, I will be going to another doctor for yet another round of allergy testing
The “new” symptoms (those making an appearance in the past 4 months) have yet to go away, even after the removal of the 39 reactive foods found in the IgG blood test (below). This office recommended eating “my normal diet” before their round of poking and prodding. It took all the restraint I had to resist bursting into uncontrollable laughter.
Normal diet, you say? What’s that. Lucky for me, this presents a fun food challenge: how much variety can I eat in 3 days?….without exploding at the seams. Muah ha haaa!
I added some pecans in this microwave cookie today. Delicious addition, or terrible mistake?
They’re my first +2 in two months. The result? A totally satisfying single serve cookie and an ocular migraine so intense I experienced partial blindness with aura streaks through my eyes for 20 minutes. No one is more anxious than I am to find out the root cause of what seems like an ever-growing list of foods I can’t eat.
Do you have any experiences like this? I’d love to hear your personal story….well, after you’re done going to town on this bad ass microwave cookie!
Dark Chocolate Chip Microwave Cookie
- 2 Tbs. GF flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tbs. baking Truvia (or 1 Tbs. regular sugar)
- 1 tsp. cashew butter
- 1 Tbs. oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 Tbs. mashed banana*
- 1 Tbs. nondairy milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 1 Tbs. seeds/nuts of choice (sunflower, pecans, chia seeds etc.)
- 1 Tbs. dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life are soy-free, vegan, and gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- pinch salt
- Mix flour, baking powder, Truvia, and salt in your microwave safe dish
- Mix in cashew butter, oil, mashed banana, nondairy milk, and vanilla.
- When the wet ingredients are well incorporated, add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 1/2–2 minutes on 50% power. For a softer cookie, a minute and a half is ideal. (I personally love the ooey gooey cookie dough-ish style that’s just on the brink of being an actual cooked cookie…but who am I to stop you?)
- Top with your favorite nondairy ice cream, drizzle with a desert syrup, or enjoy your cookie plain!
*I don't count calories. My recommendations on calorie counting and nutrition can be found here
Go ahead, indulge a little! 🙂