Leave your straw behind and grab a fork. This is everything you love about your morning smoothie, deconstructed and ready in 5 minutes.
If you’re anything like me, you drool over the smoothie bowl masterpieces on Instagram. They are seriously works of art. Hopefully, you can get your own gawk-worthy smoothie bowl picture up after this.
My Rotation Diet (Continued)
As you read last week, I have begun a new experimental journey to heal my leaky gut syndrome with a 4-day rotation diet. Since I wrote that, I have gone through two complete 4-day cycles. (All the while, I’m perfecting this rotation and creating a meal plan for you to try for yourself.)
Let me just say, I can already feel a magnificent difference. I don’t want to jinx it, but two of the biggest (and most irritating) symptoms have virtually evaporated. No longer am I faced with constant bloating throughout the day, or slow digestion that prevents me from eating adequate amounts of food.
Granted, I’m still waiting for the skin issues to subside, but I’m willing to be patient on that account. My mom dealt with a detox period for over a year while her eczema cleared because skin creams and the wrong foods had built up toxins in her body.
The Skin & Digestive Issues
As the largest organ, the skin can take the biggest and most visible “hit” when your body needs to get rid of things related to digestion. For my mom, it was her hands, arms, and legs. For me, it’s pretty much my entire face. No freaking bueno. But alas, negative thoughts and stress can also lead to such problems, so I’m keeping a healthy mind and body until everything is in order…which I can certainly feel is in the near future.
And speaking of positive thoughts….smoothie bowl, anyone?
Inside Out Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 4 strawberries (sliced; 2 for salad, 2 for dressing)
- 1/4 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. raspberries
- 1/4 c. blackberries
- 1/4 c. nondairy coconut yogurt
- 1/3 c. pineapple
- (optional) 1 Tbs. honey or agave
- (optional) 2 Tbs. nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut butter)
- Cut banana and strawberries. (You can also cut the spinach if you’d like.)
- Combine banana, strawberries, and other berries in a bowl. You can line them up for aesthetic appeal, or toss together.
- Blend nondairy yogurt, pineapple, and 2 strawberries until smooth for the dressing. If you’d like a sweeter dressing, you’ll also add the honey/agave to the blender.
- For an alternate dressing recipe, use 1/4 c. nondairy coconut yogurt, 2 strawberries, and 2 Tbs. nut butter for added protein.
(I would have been all over the alternate recipe with my favorite maple almond butter…aka heaven in a jar….but almonds are not part of Day 2’s ingredients)
*I don't count calories. My recommendations on calorie counting and nutrition can be found here