I’m all about these summer salads lately! Normally, I find every reason in the book to eat jicama, but a jicama salad combines a bunch of refreshing goodies. You can’t go wrong with berries, mango, jicama, and mint. Especially when it looks like a beautiful, bright food rainbow.
If I had my way, aaallll of my recipes would be rainbows. If you remember, I made Rainbow Spanish Rice a while back. I’m thinking…a new series in the making? Rainbow foods! Ooh, I love that. As you know, I regularly go gaga over beautiful food (cabbage, mango, celery…. why am I listing them. All my favorite plants are freaking majestic), but colorful beautiful food. Extra LOVE.
This could possibly be the most perfect poolside salad, though. It has enough protein to keep you going and water content to keep you hydrated. And check out those vitamins! You’ve got almost an entire day’s recommendation of vitamin C. Not to mention, the medium chain fatty acids in that coconut oil in the dressing will help regulate your blood sugar, curb appetite, and help burn fat! (Yes, healthy fat can help burn your belly fat! Yay!)
Rainbow Jicama Salad
- 1 c. cooked quinoa (directions here.)
- 1 large jicama (2-3 c. chopped into cubes)
- 1 c. strawberries, chopped
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 c. mango, chopped
- 1/2 c. red cabbage, chopped
- 2-3 Tbs. mint, cut into ribbons
- 1-2 tsp. lemon zest
- 5-6 c. spinach (optional)
- 1/3 c. coconut oil
- 3 Tbs. honey (or agave)
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- Cook quinoa. Directions here.
- Chop jicama, strawberries, mango, cabbage, and mint. Zest lemon. Add all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Mix dressing ingredients (coconut oil, honey, and lemon). I like to blend in my Ninja so it’s extra whipped up.
- Finally, carefully toss the salad with the dressing. Serve over your spinach or your favorite leafy greens, or just by itself! It’s super refreshing and satisfying either way.
*I don't count calories. My recommendations on calorie counting and nutrition can be found here
If you love this recipe as much as I do, share the colorful love! Pin it, share it, tweet it — have a rainbow food pool party and send me pictures. 🙂 It makes me SO happy to see people enjoying these recipes.